Dell has extensive Linux expertise through our dedicated Linux engineering and technical support teams. The following Linux distributions are supported through collaborative support agreements between Dell and our respective Linux partners. Please see our support overview page here. Additional Linux information is found on our Dell Linux pages here. Click on the respective bullet to view the respective support matrix.
· Red Hat Enterprise Linux on Dell PowerEdge Servers
· SUSE Linux Enterprise Server on Dell PowerEdge Servers
· Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization on Dell PowerEdge Servers
· Ubuntu Server on Dell PowerEdge Servers
Many 3rd party vendors publish hardware compatibility lists to document the HW platforms that their products are certified for. Links to those HCL lists are provided below for reference. For those distributions that are not covered by ProSupport, vendor support agreements and subscriptions are available through our Software and Peripherals (found here) organization (except for Asianux).
· Please click here to view Red Hat’s Hardware Compatibility List for Dell PowerEdge servers.
· Please click here to view SUSE’s Hardware Compatibility List for Dell PowerEdge servers.
· Please click here to view Oracle's Hardware Compatibility List for Dell PowerEdge servers.
· Please click here to view Canonical Ubuntu's Hardware Compatibility List for Dell PowerEdge servers.
· Please click here to view Asianux's Hardware Compatibility List for Dell PowerEdge servers.
Note: We acknowledge the wide use of CentOS on Dell systems and understand that it's a community developed derivative of the Dell-supported Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Support for this OS is available directly from the CentOS communuty at their website here.
A complete list of Dell PowerEdge Servers and the Microsoft Server Operating Systems that are supported on them can be found here.
Note: Dell provides varied levels of support for Microsoft Server OS products, as determined by Microsoft's product lifecycle, Dell ProSupport, Dell OpenManage support, and PowerEdge product lifecycles. Below is the complete description of these support levels.
Terms & Conditions |
Ads & Emails |
Site Map |
FeedbackLaptops | Desktop Computers | Gaming Laptops | Gaming Desktops | Servers | Storage | Coupons | Reviews | New Products RSS Feed | Monitors | Printers | Projectors | TVs | Tablets | |
Laptops for College | Workstations | BYOD | Laptop Accessories | Ink & Toner | Cloud Computing | EMR | HPC | Virtualization | Thin Client | Services | Black Friday Deals | Cyber Monday DealsAT | AU | BE | BR | CA | CH | CL | CN | CO | DE | DK | ES | FR | HK | IE | IN | IT | JP | KR | MX | MY | NL | NO | PR | RU | SE | SG | UK | ALL